Commercial General Liability (CGL) insurance guards operators and owners of companies from a broad spectrum of claims, including liability engendered by accidents from the operations of the insured party, contractual liability, or products manufactured by the insured party.
The Only Effective Protection for Assets of Your Business
The only way to effectively protect the assets of your business is to carry adequate commercial general liability (CGL) insurance coverage. CGL protects your business from damages caused by bodily injury or property damage for which your business is found to be legally liable.
What Does CGL Cover?
A typical CGL policy provides coverage for claims of bodily injury or other physical injury, personal injury (libel or slander), advertising injury and property damage as a result of your products, premises or operations. As a safeguard against liability, CGL enables you to continue your normal operations while dealing with real or fraudulent claims of negligence or wrongdoing. CGL policies also provide coverage for the cost to defend and settle claims.
Here is more detail into what a typical CGL policy may cover:
- Personal and advertising injury: Protects against offenses made by you or your staff during the course of business, such as libel, slander, disparagement or copyright infringement in advertisements.
- Defense costs: Provides coverage for legal expenses for liability claims brought against your business, regardless of who is at fault.
- Medical expenses: Provides coverage for medical expenses if someone is injured on your premises or by your products.
- Premises and operations liability: Provides coverage for bodily injury and property damage sustained by others on your premises or in conjunction with your business operations.
- Products liability: Provides coverage for bodily injury and property damage sustained by others as a result of your products.
Evergreen Insurance LLC understands that your business needs to be protected, and we are here to help. Please contact us today to learn more about our risk management and insurance solutions.